Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Thursday, March 24 to Tuesday, March 29

There were quite a few cheats over the past few days, and a lot of thoughts of shopping come April. In particular:

Kinley Small Crossbody   Image result for lucky brolley bootie


These are more things that I will probably buy come March, so I cannot add them to the total of money saved. At the end of the week I will factor in another week of bringing lunch from home, a whole month of not going to restaurants, and a whole month of no coffee from coffee shops. It's interesting that I have stopped thinking about those things, more or less.

My list of confessions is having a big impact on me. Even when I am trying not to spend money, I still spend a lot of money! This probably adds up to a few thousand dollars a year. Yikes!

Running list of confessions: fish water ($3), museum parking ($22), flowers and a magazine while grocery shopping ($12), donuts for Dan's birthday ($22), brunch ($100), gifts of bread for assistance with the nieces ($8), bowling ($11), beer while bowling ($40), Easter basket goodies ($35), birthday museums beers and video games ($100).

Running total saved by not buying the things I wanted: $272

Sneak preview: I've been enjoying the cold turkey (ish) approach to changing behaviors. Next month will likely be "No Wheat April," and perhaps I'll write about that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment