Friday, March 11, 2016

Thursday, March 10 and Friday, March 11

Things I thought about: Beer. Colin was so nice and helped me stick to Spend No Money March. He bought me two on Wednesday night!

Image result for beer

Things I want: For a while, I've been thinking about a good solution for our messy kitchen storage area (which also houses the cat's litter box). It is open, visible, and is where we keep paperwork, kitchen appliances, shopping bags, and other junk. The shelves are only 10" high and about 22" wide, so I would like six boxes that are pretty specific dimensions. They need to be at least 8.5" x 11" to fit paper, and not more than 10" high. I refuse to pay $12 each -> $72 total! I am thinking more $30 total would be acceptable.

Maybe I will end up making this much more of a project than I intended, get out the screwdriver and putty, and move the shelves...when Spend No Money March is over. I also can take credit for again bringing my lunch to work every day! ($35)

Martha Stewart Living 10-1/2 in. x 11 in. Barn Red Fabric Drawer        

Confession: I spent $3 yesterday. My betta Buddy the Fish a.k.a. just Fish has been frumping at the bottom of his tank lately. I decided he needed a water change. I picked up two gallons of distilled water at CVS.

Running total saved by not buying the things I wanted: $210

1 comment:

  1. I don't think buying distilled water for your fish should count in any way shape or form as a negative purchase :)

    ReplyDelete